Book Projects – I have been working on
- Sail Through the Storms with Cash Transfer: Survivor’s Stories of Cash and Vouchers Assistance in Indonesia During Disasters and Covid-19.
- Adapting to Climate Change: Governing from the bottom
- Water and Climate Change in Timor
- Risk Object
- Disaster Risk Governance: Institutional Climate!
- 30 years after the Flores Tsunami and Earthquakes
- 60 years of NTT Development’
- TTS of West Timor, 1958-2018;
- Pengurangan risiko bencana berbasis komunitas (Grasindo 2009) [Community based disaster risk reduction – a guide book, Grasindo, Jakarta] (co-authored with Paripurno, E. T., Pristianto, J., Magatani, A., Purwanti, H., and Pujiono – in Bahasa)
- Panduan Training Sustainable Livelihoods – Kerangka Penghidupan Berkelanjutan (HIVOS 2010)
- 43 ASCEND Training Modules for Learners and Trainers Guides – The ASEAN Standards and Certiﬁcation for Experts in Disaster Management. https://ascend.ahacentre.org/ [2021-2022]
- ASCEND Assessment Training Modules 
- Emergency Rapid Need Assessment – Training Modules for Facilitator and Student Versions. Edited for ASEAN Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Management Center. – Latest Version 2014. (editor and drafter)
- Training Modules for Facilitator and Student Versions. Edited for ASEAN Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Management Center. – Latest Version 2014. (editor and drafter)
- Training Modules – Training for Trainers – Community-based disaster risk management – for Hivos Southeast Asia Office / Aceh Program Partners 2007.
Selected Book Chapters
Suni, Y. & Lassa 2018. Linking food security, carbon management and climate risk reduction in Eastern Indonesia. In Douglas, P. & Saut, S. (eds.) Disaster Risk Reduction in Indonesia: Environmental, Social and Cultural Aspects. Charles C. Thomas Publisher Ltd
Non Government Organizations in Disaster Risk Reduction. Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Natural Hazard Science, Oxford University Press. DOI: 10.1093/acrefore/9780199389407.013.45.
Taylor J. and Lassa, J. 2017. Learning from climate change vulnerability assessments in Indonesian cities. In: Archer, D. Colenbrander, D. and Dodman, D (eds.): Responding to Climate Change in Asian Cities: Governance for a more resilient urban future. Routledge
Lassa, J. and Lai, A. 2017. Microfinance in Water and Sanitation Services – Identifying best practices. In: Julien Chaisse (eds.): Charting the Water Regulatory Future Global challenges in water and sanitation. Edward Elgar.
Teng, P. and Lassa, 2016. Food Security (as a Non-Traditional Security Issue). [In Caballero-Anthony et. al. (Eds) From human security to non-traditional security: Concepts, Issues and Cases. Chapter 7. ISBN 1473966140 [Sage]
Lassa, J et. al. 2014. What are the Roles of Civil Society in Governing Disaster Reduction in Indonesia? in Fahmi et. a. Government and Communities Achieving Common Goals. Chapter 11 IRSA Book Series 2014.
Lassa J. and Nugraha E. 2014. Building Climate Change Resilience in Bandar Lampung City, Indonesia in Fahmi et. a. Government and Communities Achieving Common Goals. Chapter 16 IRSA Book Series 2014.
Lassa, J. 2011.The roles of CSOs in disaster reduction in Indonesia: National and Local Case Study. A chapter in Book by LIPI, published in Nov 2011.
Lassa, J. 2010. “Disaster governance” in Penuel, K. Bradley; Statler, Matthew and Golson, J. Geoffrey, Thousand Oaks CA: SAGE Publications, Encyclopedia of Disaster Relief, pp. 113-114.
Lassa, J. 2010. “Risk governance” in Penuel, K. Bradley; Statler, Matthew and Golson, J. Geoffrey. Encyclopedia of Disaster Relief, Thousand Oaks CA: SAGE Publications. pp. 612-613.
Lassa, Ed. 2009. “Integration of disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation.” Proceeding Community Based Disaster Risk Reduction Conference V, Indonesia. MPBI – ISSN: 2086-1443
Lassa, J. 2009. “Indonesia’s government must protect its citizens from famine” In Henningfeld, DA. Ed. Famine: Global View Point Gale Publication. p.148-153.
Lassa, J. 2006. Evaluation of disaster governance in Indonesia: 2004-2006, in Fatah, E.S. Ed. (2006) Puisi Indah, Prosa Buruk – Evaluasi Dua Tahun Kebijakan SBY-Kalla, SDI-Rekatama Media Bandung, pp. 323-354. ISBN: 979378223-4.