- Guest editor – Calling for Change in Disaster Studies, Special Issue of Disaster Prevention and Management
- Board member and Associate Editor – SN Social Science (Springer Nature).
- Guest Editor – Sustainability – Sustainability and Continuity of Governing Earth System, Climate Change and Disaster Resilience.
- Board member – Journal of Regional and City Planning.
- Board member – Indonesian Journal of Planning and Development.
- Chief editor – Journal of NTT Studies [2009-2011].
Selected Professional Membership
- Global Civil Society Network on DRR (GNDR); Earth System Governance Group; RADIX Group; Gender and Development Network; International Network for Social Network Analysis (www.insna.org); The Global Task Force on Building Codes (GTFBC), Eastern Indonesia Research Network; etc.
- Global Civil Society Network on DRR (GNDR;)
- Member of International Network for Social Network Analysis (www.insna.org) 2010
- The Global Task Force on Building Codes (GTFBC) (www.UNESCO‐ipred.org/gtfbc/ now defunct)
- Earth System Governance Research Fellow (www.earthsystemgovernance.org/) since 2009
- Indonesia Disaster Management Association (MPBI)
- External reviewer for: Earth Observatory of Singapore (EOS); DANIDA Research Fellowship – on disaster reduction; KNAW Reviewer 2016 (Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences); AIPI (Indonesian Academy of Science 2016);
- Reviewers of world journals: World development[Elsevier]; International Social Work [Sage]; Disaster [Blackwell]; Environmental Hazard [Francis and Taylor]; IDRiM (Integrated Disaster Risk Management) Journal; Disaster Prevention and Management Journal [Emerald]; Pacific Affairs (Canada); African Journal of Disaster Studies; Climate and Development (Francis and Taylor); Natural Hazards and Earth System Sciences [Copernicus]; Oxford University Press (OUP); International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction (Elsevier)
- Conference review: Australian-New Zealand Disaster and Emergency Management Conference; Davos Disaster Reduction Conference; Indonesian Community-based Disaster Risk Reduction (CBDRM/PRBBK) Conference
- Media Interviews: International New York Times, Blomberg, Channel News Asia, Reuters, Brunei Times, Kompas, Jakarta Post, Today, Strait Times, MNC TV etc.