- Guest editor – Calling for Change in Disaster Studies, Special Issue of Disaster Prevention and Management
- Guest Editor – Sustainability – Sustainability and Continuity of Governing Earth System, Climate Change and Disaster Resilience.
- Board member – Journal of Regional and City Planning.
- Board member – Indonesian Journal of Planning and Development.
- Chief editor – Journal of NTT Studies [2009-2011].
Selected Professional Membership
- International Humanitarian Studies Association
- Global Civil Society Network on DRR (GNDR); Earth System Governance Group; RADIX Group; Gender and Development Network; International Network for Social Network Analysis (www.insna.org); The Global Task Force on Building Codes (GTFBC), Eastern Indonesia Research Network; etc.
- Global Civil Society Network on DRR (GNDR;)
- Member of International Network for Social Network Analysis (www.insna.org) 2010
- The Global Task Force on Building Codes (GTFBC) (www.UNESCO‐ipred.org/gtfbc/ now defunct)
- Earth System Governance Research Fellow (www.earthsystemgovernance.org/) since 2009
- Indonesia Disaster Management Association (MPBI)
- External reviewer for: UK Economic and Social Research Council (ERSC UK); Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada ; Gadjah Mada University FISIP Research Grant; Earth Observatory of Singapore (EOS); IFRC-SEA disaster governance; DANIDA Research Fellowship – on disaster reduction; KNAW Reviewer 2016 (Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences); AIPI (Indonesian Academy of Science 2016);
- Reviewers of world journals: Asian Development Review (MIT Press); African Journal of Disaster Studies – JAMBA; Disaster [Blackwell]; Climate and Development (Francis and Taylor); Disaster Prevention and Management Journal [Emerald]; Environmental Hazard [Francis and Taylor]; Housing and Society (Francis and Taylor) IEEE Intelligent Systems [IEEE Xplore]; International Social Work [Sage]; IDRiM (Integrated Disaster Risk Management) Journal; International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction (Elsevier); International Journal of Urban Sustainable Development (Francis and Taylor); Journal of Regional and City Planning (JRCP ITB); Natural Hazards and Earth System Sciences [Copernicus]; Oxford University Press (OUP); Pacific Affairs (Canada); Sringer Nature – Social Science; Sustainability, Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Climate Change; World development [Elsevier] etc
- Conference review: Australian-New Zealand Disaster and Emergency Management Conference; Davos Disaster Reduction Conference; Indonesian Community-based Disaster Risk Reduction (CBDRM/PRBBK) Conference
- Media and TV Interviews: The Economist, International New York Times, Blomberg, ABC News, Channel News Asia, Reuters, Brunei Times, Kompas, Jakarta Post, Today, Strait Times, MNC TV etc.