Research Grants and Research Consulting [selected]
- 2017 – Research Grants on Measuring Political will for DRR [EHSE Faculty, Charles Darwin University] – On Why countries succeed or fail in reducing disaster risks? Longitudinal observation of disaster management policy in >100 countries [PI]
- Disaster risk reduction policy audit in ASEAN member states at RSIS NTU (PI – since 2016)
- 2015 – IIED London – Rockefeller Foundation’s ACCCRN Project [Co-PI with John Taylor, KotaKita.org] 20k.
- 2014 Research Fellowship at the Australian National University, Canberra [Pending/on hold]
- 2013 UNICEF Research on Early Childhood Education Budgeting – [Co-PI – via IRGSC] $40k.
- ERIA Research Fellowship 2011 [ERIA WG Economic and Welfare Impacts of Disasters in East Asia and Policy Responses] $7k
- ACF Research on Sanitation [12k] Co-PI
- Willis Re Research Fellowship 2011-2012 – Based at Nanyang Technological University;
- Post-doctoral Fellowship – Rockefeller Foundation’s Asian Cities Climate Change Resilience Network (ACCCRN Indonesia) June 2012 – April 2013. $20k [PI]
- 2015 – Full grants travel grants – DAAD Alumni Summer Course – Climate and Nutrition Summer Course at Potsdam University, Potsdam, Germany.
- 2013 Full grants travel grants – DAAD Alumni Summer Course – University of Hohenheim, Stuttgart, Germany – Water Security and Management and Topentag Conference in Stuttgart, Germany.
- 2011 – Full Fellowship for Executive Education on Crisis Management Leadership at Harvard Kennedy School, Cambridge MA Spring 2011.
- 2010 – Full travel grants: Stockholm Environmental Institute and UNISDR. Asian Writeshop on Climate Change Adaptation and Disaster Risk Reduction
- 2009 – Full travel grants – Changing Governance in Asia – Young scholar workshops, International Institute for Asian Studies, Leiden University, Netherlands.
- 2009 – Full travel grants – Garnet PhD School 2009. Venue at the Université Libre de Bruxelles – ULB; EC/Garnet PhD Program.
- 2006 – BRC Summer Course International Humanitarian Law – Cambridge UK. Full Travel Grants by Hivos & BRC.
- First Post-doctoral Research Fellowship, Ash Centre, Harvard Kennedy School 2011 (Research on climate adaptation and disaster reduction in Indonesia.)
- DAAD Awards for PhD Scholarship in Disaster Research at ZEF of University of Bonn and Winner of Profile # 8 for GTIEWS PhD Research at EHS-UNU, Bonn 2007;
- British Chevening Awards (British Council, UK), 2004
- First Winner – National Seminar Paper – Indonesian Civil Engineering Communication Forum 1997